Cypress USB device from Windows to Linux

Dave Smith dave at thesmithfam.org
Wed Mar 24 12:25:34 MDT 2010

On Wednesday 24 March 2010 10:27:51 Michael Torrie wrote:
> [libusb] is cross-platform as well, working on Linux, BSD, OS X, and even
Windows.

This is great. I'm glad I asked. I was able to whip up a quick libusb program
to find my device, open it, and read its serial number. If all goes well, I'll
be pulling data out of it by the day's end. Thanks for the info!
Unfortunately, this means no kernel hacking for me today, but from my users'
perspective this will be a huge win (no kernel hacking for them to install our
software).

--Dave