mythtv vs. comcast

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 21:17:19 MDT 2010

Brad Midgley wrote:
> Right. This is why I only get basic from comcast. I don't get
> broadcast TV at all or I wouldn't even be using them. With a good DVR
>  and 3 tuners, there's plenty of stuff to choose from.

Well tonight I noticed that comcast has encrypted all of the channels
they recently added to digital in my basic package.  So I'm back to
where I was before.  All the local channels are on unencrypted digital
(HD and SD) including channels like discovery, travel, history, tvland,
etc.  So I guess nothing was really lost.  But it was nice to be able to
pick up the Hallmark movie channel for a while.

For you and Hans, after I run the scte65scan program, I have all the
channels listed again, but I have to manually set the XMLTVids even
though the callsigns seem about correct.  I thought mythfilldatabase
could find the xmltvids for me.  How do you guys go about this?