ssl

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 11:24:56 MDT 2010

Merrill Oveson wrote:
> After poking around, I learned how to generate both the key and csr
> file.  I can tell godaddy the contents of the csr file.

The cert would be created by godaddy taking the key, and according to
the details of the csr file, signing it.  Godaddy usually mails the
resulting crt back to you (which is fine, since the crt is always public).

So I think you simply send godaddy the key and the csr (or maybe just
the csr as it has the key in it?) and they send you the cert.

> Now how do I get a new crt file.  I do need a new one, correct?
> I called tech support @ godaddy but the guy was clueless.

Yes you need the newly signed cert.  This is provided by godaddy, or
failing them because of their ineptness, some other ssl certificate
signing authority.