Job Posting: Sr. Storage Administrator, Ancestry.com
mitchk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 11:22:18 MDT 2010
We have another opening in our Storage Admin group.
Please email me bzobrist at ancestry.com if you are interested.
Here is the posting.
SENIOR STORAGE ADMINISTRATOR
Ancestry.com Inc. is the world's leading network of family-focused
interactive businesses — encompassing Ancestry.com, the Ancestry.com
RootsWeb community, Ancestry.com DNA and Ancestry.com Family Tree
Maker®, MyFamily.com and MyCanvas.com. Our mission is to help people
discover, preserve and share their family history.
The Ancestry.com website is the world's largest online collection of
family history resources, covering billions of historical records &
photos, maps, images, millions of online family trees and stories.
Family history is a journey of discovery. It’s about unlocking the
past, getting to know your ancestors and, along the way, discovering
your own story.
The Senior Storage Administrator designs, plans and coordinates the
install of all storage infrastructure, as well as administer and
report on the day to day activities. Monitors storage and plans for
capacity, capacity upgrades, and reports on and resolves performance
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
* Performs day to day administration and monitoring on all
installed storage platforms.
* Performs SAN management tasks, zoning, LUN masking of various
disk types to the appropriate platforms.
* Evaluates new technologies, both hardware and software, and
recommends these technologies to management as necessary.
* Evaluates and implements third party software products to
support the above listed tasks.
* Provides technical expertise to architect and support
applications and technologies in a large scale 24x7 environment.
* Ensures all storage systems provide highest commitment to
operational standards and controls.
* Provides leadership, mentoring and training to other administrators.
* BS in Computer Science or related field of study.
* Five to seven years experience in system and storage
administration, SAN and NAS administration and configuration in a
large 24x7 environment.
* Experience with switches, including zoning and command line
* Experience with 3par, Netapp, Isilon, Nexsan, and Brocade preferred.
* Experience working with and managing Windows, Linux, Solaris systems.
* Experience with a storage provisioning process.
* Experience with host level HBA configuration.
* Experience with Disaster Recovery (D/R) solutions.
* Excellent communication skills.
* High initiative and ability to work independently and according
to strict schedules.
Here is a link to the posting.
More information about the PLUG