Job Posting - Sys Admin

cwood at digecor.com cwood at digecor.com
Thu Mar 11 15:38:29 MST 2010

The company I work for has a linux system administrator opening.  See below
for description.  I'm happy to answer any questions off the list.

Chris Wood
--------------------
Position: Linux System Administrator (digEcor - Springville, Utah)

digEcor is the global market leader in portable in-flight entertainment
(IFE) for the airline industry.  We created the portable IFE market in 2003
with our ground breaking digEplayer 5500 (AVOD) which was followed in 2008
by the digEplayer XT and we are now introducing the digEplayer L Series.
We are looking for talented and skilled employees who are energetic and
passionate about their jobs, our products, and our company.

We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.  We are an Equal
Opportunity Employer.

See www.digecor.com for application information and send applications to
jobs at digecor.com.

Overview

The Linux System Administrator position is an exciting opportunity to be
involved with systems used by passengers on aircraft around the world every
day.  This position will be involved with system administration and quality
assurance related to audio programming, audio visual programming, and
client-server automation utilizing the latest technologies on cutting edge
hardware.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain network, servers, and telecommunications related items

- Oversee all purchasing of electronic equipment (PCs, etc)

- Handle issues that are technical that may be related to server
administration or other odd technical problems for other departments

- Available 24/7, when needed, to handle problems with remote servers,
telecommunications, or the network

- Install and configure new Linux servers

- Oversee network layout and manage LAN//WAN/VPN

- Administer remote servers at customer facilities around the world

- General Windows server administration

- Website server administration

- Non-admin tasks: Quality assurance for videos, user interfaces, graphics,
etc, on digEplayers

Qualifications
- Self-motivated, self-managed

- Problem solver - sees opportunities and researches resolutions

- In-depth knowledge of Linux and Linux networking

- General knowledge of Windows servers

- Must be able to script in Linux and handle automation of processes

- Beneficial to have experience with Apache, Mysql, PHP, CMS, Flex, Java,
Video Encoding, Encryption, VMware

- Thorough understanding of hardware technologies including components for
machines (CPUs, hard drives, RAM types, etc), disk arrays (RAIDs), Linux
partitioning, etc.

- Must be detail oriented for quality assurance tasks

- Must be fluent in English for quality assurance tasks (visual spell
checking)

Note on video content:
While we strive to select titles that are fit for a general audience, there
is the requirement to inspect some ‘R’ rated titles, unrated foreign titles
that are equivalent to an ‘R’ rating, or foreign TV shows that may contain
content that would not meet U.S. TV broadcast standards.