Comcast Fiber to the Node

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Tue Mar 9 09:10:38 MST 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 09:04 -0700, Joe C wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Andrew McNabb <amcnabb at mcnabbs.org> wrote:
> >
> > It sounds like you're saying that zero regulation is the goal.  I'm not
> > convinced that less regulation is always better.
> >

> I'm saying let them at least charge the other companies the actual
> cost instead of a random number generated by a third party, like the
> FCC.

Here, let me fix that for you: "I'm saying let them take advantage of
their historical monopoly to fiddle their books so that they can charge
unreasonably high fees and give themselves a competitive advantage."

The point is that the FCC doesn't trust the telcos to do the right
thing, nor does it think that history justifies complete independence.

Extreme deregulation, just like extreme regulation, is not the answer.
There's a reason we have government and the market, neither can survive
on its own.

using enough of it." - Chris Maden