OT:E911 location info [was: Comcast Fiber to the Node]

David Turley davitur at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 17:34:22 MST 2010

Here is an interesting article on how Homeland Security can track you
via the E911 capabilities of your cellphone/network.  Interesting how
T-mobile can track it without GPS even when phone is idle.

Link: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10451518-38.html

And unfortunately Qwest isn't going to die any time soon.  In many
neighborhoods they already have fiber to the neighborhood box.  Most
non-quest DSL providers are paying Qwest to use their network.  I
would kill to have Utopia wired in my neighborhood.

Later,
Dave