Comcast Fiber to the Node

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 17:07:32 MST 2010

Ryan Simpkins wrote:
> When Qwest finally dies, and we are left with Comcast only - how do you
> regulate them? Does this eventually move us to deregulated telcos?

I sure hope not.  I lived through the privatization and deregulation of
the telephone company in Alberta, Canada, and it was not pleasant.
Services did not dramatically improve, competition was not fostered, and
the prices certainly went up (doubled).  This actually happened to every
single public that was privatized and deregulated (electricity, gas, etc).