building a router/firewall

Joe C v2joecr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 12:01:30 MST 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Joe C <v2joecr at gmail.com> wrote:
> One small problem with that distro for the computer I'm supposed to do
> this with. it is only "Intel Pentium 3 733 Mhz, 512 MB RAM" which
> doesn't even meet the minimum requirements for 1-50 computers which is
> the range we are at right now.
>
> For those suggesting openWRT & DD-WRT I can't stand the idea of
> wasting that much HDD space. I'd rather run a full OS so I can have
> more features if I need to install one.

Well I fixed the computer that was running pfSense. I have no idea
what the other people did to it, but I was able to reset it back to
the default settings & after I did that then configured it properly it
now works. I might try on another box some of the other systems as the
anti-virus software for pfSense is still in Alpha. I don't like the
idea of running software that is in the Alpha stage on a server that
feeds the Internet to the desktops.