software raid auto assembly problem on Xen host

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Wed Mar 3 20:48:44 MST 2010

On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 05:07:10PM -0700, Michael Torrie wrote:

> Yeah. I'm going to try to avoid doing this for now, since having to
> manually create the initrd after every kernel upgrade is not something
> we want to do on our production servers, for the sake of maintainability.

Dracut automatically copies over many important configuration files to
the initrd, and it's just a simple command to regenerate the initrd.  I
haven't specifically checked, but I would be surprised if modprobe.conf
weren't automatically copied into the initrd.  Dracut is fairly new, so
you probably won't get to enjoy it on servers for another year or so.
But you can look forward to it. :)

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/