building a router/firewall

Randall DeLapp randall at delapp.org
Wed Mar 3 15:15:58 MST 2010

Clark Connect?

On Mar 3, 2010 5:13 PM, "Joe C" <v2joecr at gmail.com> wrote:

I've been assigned with the task of make the following computer as a
router, preferably with a web interface to configure it.

It has the following hardware three NICs, Intel Pentium 3 733 Mhz, 512 MB
RAM.

Google isn't being very helpful. I'm guessing my search terms are just
wrong as it keeps sending me to stuff that is for hardware routers
(like the linksys Linux router) instead of full computers.

I need a DHCP server, internal DNS, our connection is a dedicated IP
address, I also want to assign the external DNS servers to openDNS
instead of our ISP's, & a firewall obviously.

I can't think of anything else that we need it to do.

/*