Updating OpenSuSE

Dave Smith dave at thesmithfam.org
Mon Mar 1 10:40:49 MST 2010

Bart Whiteley wrote:
> What version is it?

11.0 (now that I know about /etc/SuSE-release (thanks for the capital
"S", sheesh).

> That would be:
>   zypper ref
>   zypper up

Nice. Now that I removed the DVD repo from /etc/zypp/repos.d, things are
looking much better. An update is running now.

In the collective experience of Plug, has OpenSuSE been as good as
Debian about providing updates that don't break your system? On my
Debian stable servers, I have almost never had a problem blindly
accepting all their updates over the past 8 years or so (even
dist-upgrades). Does OpenSuSE have as good a track record in your
experience?

Thanks!

--Dave