Yes, we have no hibernate today

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Thu Jun 24 09:44:57 MDT 2010

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 09:22:34 -0600
Charles Curley <charlescurley at charlescurley.com> wrote:

> I'm tempted to remove the hibernate package, and see if I can recover
> the farkled kernel, but I'm afraid I'll farkle this one. I have one
> other kernel installed, and it was left over from Komic Koala, so I'm
> not sure it will work with Ludicrous Lynx libraries, etc. So, time to
> back up the system and prepare for a fresh installation. Oh, fun.

I realized that what was farkled was not the kernel itself, but the
initrd. So I made a backup copy of the fallback kernel's initrd. I then
purged the hibernate package. In the process of removing it, apt
created a new initrd -- replacing the farkled one, not the fallback
initrd. So that solved that problem.

I have rebooted to the newer kernel.

I still don't have a menu entry for hibernating, though.