Yes, we have no hibernate today

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Thu Jun 24 08:15:05 MDT 2010

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 06:45:27 -0600
Aaron Toponce <aaron.toponce at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 06/23/2010 07:56 PM, Henry Hertz Hobbit wrote:
> > https://launchpad.net/indicator-applet
> >
> > I assume you meant that it was lost from the indicator-applet menu.
> > You should just be able to message it yourself in a terminal and
> > background it if it gets lost from the indicator-applet menu.
>
> What does the indecator-applet have to do with hibernating your
> computer?

I go to where I expect to find a Hibernate option, in the right end of
the upper panel, and I see what looks like an "on/off" button. I right
click on it, and select "about". It says, "Indicator Applet Session
0.3.7". So someone (the Gnome folks? Canonical?) used the indicator
applet to build that menu.