Yes, we have no hibernate today

Aaron Toponce aaron.toponce at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 06:45:27 MDT 2010

On 06/23/2010 07:56 PM, Henry Hertz Hobbit wrote:
> https://launchpad.net/indicator-applet
>
> I assume you meant that it was lost from the indicator-applet menu.
> You should just be able to message it yourself in a terminal and
> background it if it gets lost from the indicator-applet menu.

What does the indecator-applet have to do with hibernating your computer?

> This
> is given in  order of relevance from least to most likely for what
> you want.:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/index.html

RTFM?

> http://preview.tinyurl.com/29tbbwm

More RTFM?

> http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/hardy/man8/pm-suspend.8.html

Probably the first helpful thing you've posted so far.

> It beats me where it is at in the config files.  I have a headache
> (not from this) so I am going to lay down and hopefully die.

Uh, good luck with that?

> I wasn't able to send it.   The power went down right when I
> went to click the send button.I was able to save it and quickly
> shut down GandalfTW.  I didn't think I would need to move Sauron
> over onto the UPS  Anybody know what is causing the power in South
> Provo to go down?  This is the second time this has happened and
> in a space of just few weeks between each time.  I am sorry but
> this time I am not going to buy the statement that some technician
> screwed it up.  TWICE?  I think they have trojan in their Windows
> driven SCADA system and don't want to admit it.

...and now you're hijacking the thread, just like you did before (not
that the previous paragraph really made any sense).

--
. O .   O . O   . . O   O . .   . O .
. . O   . O O   O . O   . O O   . . O