Virtual Machine routing On Ubuntu

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Thu Jun 17 18:32:17 MDT 2010

I have several VMs on a Ubuntu 9.10 host, and they have networking set
up. I can ssh in to them from the host, but not from other machines, in
spite of having the route set up correctly on the other machines.

I also notice that I can get updates on the VMs (yum, apt, etc.) but
not web pages from the outside world. But I can get web pages from the
host.

So something is filtering the virtual network. What is it and how do I
control it?

Thanks