local place to purchase outdoor-rated cat 5

Levi Pearson levipearson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 14:57:20 MDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 1:36 PM, David Landry <dlandry at byu.net> wrote:
> I'm looking for a local supplier for discrete electronics like
> capacitors, resistors, etc, and maybe something more fancy like a
> microcontroller.  I was just wondering if any of the places mentioned
> might have something along those lines.  The only shop I know for sure
> that has some of what I'd want is RadioShack, but they've got crazy
> high prices for electronics.

While Radio Shack prices for discrete components and stuff are high,
they do have bundle variety packs of resistors and LEDs that aren't
nearly as terrible as the individual ones.  Radio Shack is everywhere
and they're open late and on weekends, so I've been there for little
projects several times lately.  But if you can plan for your purchase,
there are definitely better places.

        --Levi