Parking for Linux Day

Henry Hertz Hobbit hhhobbit at securemecca.com
Tue Jun 15 03:07:31 MDT 2010

On 06/15/2010 07:50 AM, Ryan Simpkins wrote:
> Can anyone suggest any good (low cost/free) parking
> within walking/riding distance of the downtown Marriott?
>
> -Ryan

There are no low cost downtown private parking lots that
aren't already booked solid (and they are that way all of
the time - it has nothing to do with the Linux meeting
or anything else - people use them for work).

The best you can do is pool up to save costs.  Mariott's
$12 / day is a little steep but not bad.  Parking meters
are every place and there are few options.  I used to
park between 1100 East and 700 East on 300 South to visit
people at the U, but they probably have that posted no
parking now except for residents. It is also a LONG walk
to down-town.  If it isn't posted resident parking and
doesn't have meters or time limits you can stay for a
while. You may want to try parking at the ZCMI mall
and if you buy something while there that can drop the costs
some.

HHH
PS  If you pool up you can also take the car pool lane.
    There is probably plenty of Trax parking.  That takes
    you within just a few blocks of where you want to go.