[OT] HAM Radio License

Matthew Walker mwalker at kydance.net
Fri Jun 11 11:39:27 MDT 2010

On Fri, June 11, 2010 11:35 am, Aaron Toponce wrote:
> On 4/23/2010 2:19 PM, Matthew Walker wrote:
>> And, callsign received! I love computers! May still get a vanity callsign someday, but
>> KF7JLF isn't too shabby. It's got some patterns that make it easy to remember at
>> least.
>
> Mine took 8 days to come down the pipe. KF7KPM. And they spelled my last
> name wrong. Easy fix though. Found a vanity call I like. Seems to be
> available. We'll see. For $14 every 10 years, no problem.
>
> Anyway, ham it up! :)

Awesome!

My Extra upgrade finally showed up earlier this week, and my vanity callsign should go
through tomorrow.

I'm also the beneficiary of two very generous hams on QRZ, and I'm getting a 30m
receiver kit (complete kit, just need to assemble), and a 30m transceiver partial kit
(board and some of the cheap components). One of the reasons I'm going to be at The
Transistor's meeting tomorrow is to start getting to know them, so I can have a place
and people to help me build these kits. :)

--
Matthew Walker                         HAM Call Sign: KF7JLF