Fwd: [Krebs on Security] New Comment On: Using Windows for a Day Cost Mac User $100,000

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 21:08:07 MDT 2010

On 06/09/2010 08:44 PM, Henry Hertz Hobbit wrote:
> WE HAVE TO GET PEOPLE OFF OF MICROSOFT WINDOWS ONTO LINUX AND
> MACINTOSH!  If somebody wants me to give a run-down on how bad
> it is in your monthly meetings let me know and I will oblige.
> I usually go through 6-12 Windows malware samples per day.

We all love Linux and Mac around here, but reports lately are that OS X
apps are just as vulnerable or more so than Windows apps, though things
typically run as a non-root user.  What makes you think Mac or Linux
will be any better for the majority of users?  Social engineering is
platform agnostic, and that's what a lot of (most?) malware exploits
these days. I'm just being the Devil's advocate here.