"Make" group in Provo

Stephen Shaw sshaw at decriptor.com
Thu Jun 3 23:26:35 MDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 22:08, Aaron Toponce <aaron.toponce at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/03/2010 05:41 PM, Ryan Simpkins wrote:
>> It might be nice to note that The Transistor (http://thetransistor.com/) also
>> has regular Arduino nights every Saturday, as well as weekly meetings for
>> members. Membership is $90/mo for non-students.
>
> Maybe I don't understand these things, but $90/month for membership?!
> Seriously?? I could find so much more to spend my money on and tinker
> with. Maybe that's just me.

I asked them about that.  For that $90 a month you get access 24/7 to
the location that has all kinds of things from oscilloscopes to a
vinyl cutter.  Kind of a collection of all sorts.  You get your own
desk and a place to store your stuff.

On top of that, they really don't want that many members and hence the
price.  They do open it up for free every saturday as mentioned early
I believe.

Stephen