Rchard Stallman vs Darl McBride

Levi Pearson levipearson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 23:44:22 MDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 10:54 PM, Jon Jensen <jon at endpoint.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2010, Levi Pearson wrote:

> If the law itself were more liberal, there'd be no need for either.

I'm not sure how you could end up with the sort of requirements the
GPL has without explicitly stating them in a license.  If there's no
implicit copyright to creative works, then if you publish them, anyone
can modify them and not share the modifications.  I guess if the law
required all software to have source freely available to those it is
distributed to and did not provide copyright provisions for software
or allow licenses , that would do it, but that seems awfully unlikely
and I'm not sure I'd call it 'more liberal'.