Rchard Stallman vs Darl McBride

Tod Hansmann tod at todandlorna.com
Tue Jul 20 22:45:08 MDT 2010

On 7/20/2010 9:42 PM, Stuart Jansen wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-07-20 at 21:35 -0600, Michael Torrie wrote:
>
>> Course if everyone used the GPL there'd be no problem. :)
>>
> By that logic, the DBADL is also a viable option.
>
> http://philsturgeon.co.uk/code/dbad-license

I wrote this license once, and have some code under it.  I like it
better than the GPL.  YMMV (It's essentially the WTF license, but more
professional, no swearing).  It works for art and other content as well!

-Tod Hansmann

Any entity is permitted to copy, redistribute, or modify the accompanying
work for any reason whatsoever with no conditions except the condition
below and under any new license.  "Do what you want, but don't blame me."

THIS WORK IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR(S) 'AS IS' AND ANY
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR(S) BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
(INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND
ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
(INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF
THIS
WORK, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.