Rchard Stallman vs Darl McBride

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 21:35:40 MDT 2010

On 07/20/2010 09:11 PM, Levi Pearson wrote:
> The GPL just creates what seems sometimes like a minefield for those
> who want to keep some things private.  That's the intention of it,
> really.  I think it makes more sense in this case to just use a
> permissive license.

*Any* third-party code license can lead to a minefield for developers.
In short, if you don't know how each and every pieces of third party
code you are using is licensed and how it affects how you intend to
license your code, you are in trouble. This is true in the regular,
proprietary world, or in the open source world.

Course if everyone used the GPL there'd be no problem. :)