Rchard Stallman vs Darl McBride

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Fri Jul 16 12:16:57 MDT 2010

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:43:57 -0600
Roger Brown <downtownrogbrown at gmail.com> wrote:

> But I know this is a Linux Group and Ubuntu Linux is now my main
> desktop os.  :)  Just trying to give credit where credit is due.

As indeed we should.

One book that gives some of the background is Eric Steven Raymond, The
Art of Unix Programming, 2003, http://www.faqs.org/docs/artu/. It's
ESR's usual iconoclastic (pun intended) writing, but well worth it for
programmers and those who have the conceit that they can manage
programmers.

M$ used BSD code for their W9x programs as well, including ftp.exe and
route.exe. You can verify this by running strings against them and
reading the copyright notices.