KBYU / LDS is NOT Linux hostile (was Goodbye Move Networks)

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Thu Jul 1 10:54:32 MDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 16:20 +0000, Henry Hertz Hobbit wrote:
> But I am baffled he says he has problems on Linux with either
> KBYU or the LDS church.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

First: I don't know why you're getting so worked up about it. You sound
like we called your child ugly... Well, so be it, your child is ugly.

Second: KBYU != BYU.tv

Third: The original topic was Move. I have never seen a single
Move-based site that worked with Linux.

Fourth: When my mother visited a few months ago, she complained about
having problems watching BYU.tv on her Windows laptop. Whereas sites
like Hulu and TV Land worked smoothly at high resolution, BYU.tv worked
like crap even at low resolution. I can only conclude that Move is crap.

Fifth: Sites like Hulu, YouTube and Vimeo work fine for me without any
fussing. It's pretty hard for me to lay much blame on ISP when other
sites work fine.

Sixth: Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of
elderberries. :-P