Looking for Arduino Presenter

Matt Nelson matt at frozenatom.com
Fri Jan 22 22:29:43 MST 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Stephen Shaw <sshaw at decriptor.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 12:54, Matthew Walker <mwalker at kydance.net> wrote:

> group.
> please
> presenter for
> interest is in
> more

> >> No takers? Does anyone own a Duemilanove, mega, LilyPad, etc? Can you
> come to
> >> the meeting and show off what you've figured out? Even a simple 'getting
> >> started' 15-30 minute presentation would be great.
> >
> > I own a Duemilanove (that name sucks to type), and I would be willing to
> show up with
>
> It only sucks if your not Italian ;)  For those that don't know it
> stands for 2009
>
> Cheers,
> Stephen
>
> > it, although I'm not sure what I'd present on yet. If anyone has any
> simple circuits /
> > programs they'd like to see, I could whip something up, and show it off
> at least. I'm
> > not very good at presenting, but I can answer questions well, and I could
> have a couple
> > circuits breadboarded for demonstration.
> >
> > --
> > Matthew Walker

I might be able to if you want.  I have a Duemilanove and just started
working with it this week.  I put together one of the protoshields and have
interfaced successfully with a thermister, 2x16 LCD, and some magnetic
contacts (going to put them on my doors)...

I'm only just beginning so it would be a very basic demonstration.  I would
love to see what others have done, or discuss idea's that others plan to do,
so in addition to a presentation I think a show-and-tell would be fun.

I am flying out to HP on the 9th, but hope to be back that night, or the
morning of the 10th.  I should know first of next week.