Network Control

Brandon Stout bms at mscis.org
Thu Jan 7 14:34:06 MST 2010

On 01/07/2010 02:26 PM, Dallin Jones wrote:

> Looks like we have finally fulfilled Godwin's Law.

Now there's a self-fulfilling law if I ever saw one.  As an online
discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis
or Hitler approaches.  I can say that about anything:

As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison
involving babies approaches.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison
involving cookies approaches.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison
involving dragons approaches.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison
involving bunnies approaches.

In other words, the longer any discussion is, the greater the likelihood
that anything will be discussed.

Brandon