Network Control

Scott Jones sanchiro at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 09:24:13 MST 2010

I have a small home network with three young male users, ages 10 to 14, and
two adults.

It's becoming increasingly necessary for me to implement some type of
network access control, based on merit, behavior, homework, etc. I need to
be able to prescribe time controls as well as allow and revoke network logon
and internet access privileges when local or remote. Moreover, the server
runs ubuntu, while the three end user machines for these three gentlemen run
windows XP pro. I'd like to have all their logons and time logged in
loggable and controlable.

Am I dreaming here, or are solutions possible to allow management of this?

Scott