Ideas for March Meeting: Linux CLI Basics?

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Sat Feb 27 23:25:26 MST 2010

There seems to be some interest for a meeting topic that would be more
suitable for beginners. Perhaps something like an introduction to the CLI, or
basic desktop troubleshooting, etc. Is there anyone on the list interested in
such a topic? Does anyone know of someone who might come to such a meeting?

The feedback I've gotten is that it might be nice to do something ultra-basic,
with a lot of examples. This is a summary of questions we could try to answer:

-What is a shell?
-How do I navigate?
-I've only used windows, I'm lost. Help?
-How do I fix stuff when it breaks?
-Where and how do I find help?

If you have any other ideas for topics, I'd love to hear them.

-Ryan