Scanning in docs.

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Fri Feb 12 17:28:09 MST 2010

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 11:30 PM, Shane Hathaway <shane at hathawaymix.org> wrote:
> I wish I could recommend a Linux solution, but the ScanSnap line is really
> amazing.  My dad bought one a few years ago.  You feed it up to 50 pages at
> a time, it takes only a few seconds per page, and the bundled Windows
> software performs good OCR automatically.  It makes a flatbed scanner look
> really silly.
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16838115034

This is a little late (like 10 months), but I head back from the
client where this little scanner was installed and they say they
*love* it.  It's small, fast enough, easy to use and Just Works.  As
as mentioned, it's a Windows scanner (I *don't* see Mac support
anywhere).  I never did test it under wine :(

Anyway, hope that helps anyone looking for a lightweight and cheap
scanning solution.

BTW, I think they archived 10 or so filing cabinets.

Gabe