disk burn in testing

Mike Lovell mike at dev-zero.net
Tue Feb 9 19:52:50 MST 2010

does anyone have good recommendations as to some tools or utilities to
use for exercising or burning in new hard disks? where i work, we buy *a
lot* of disks and currently use a utility called thrash [1]. we just
have it do a couple million random writes to the disk. but i could use
some other tools to test the disks in different ways as well to get a
better idea if the disk is going to hold up. i've thought about using
bonnie++ or iozone as well. what you any of you use, if anything? thx.

mike

[1] http://www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~greg/thrash/