ISP Recommendations - [Review of RapidWave Net Performance]

Robert Jackson robertj at linux4free.com
Mon Feb 8 21:11:50 MST 2010

I am on RapidWave, and have been for about 6 months or so.  Beats the crap
out of Comcast.  When I first moved out to Saratoga, I ran a wifi from
Pleasant Grove to Saratoga for about a month.  The wifi link only added
about 3-4ms and I got pretty close to 22Mb/s throughput(half duplex).  I
went ahead and hooked up RapidWave just to try them out since I was very
skeptical about a wireless provider.  I ran both networks for about 3 months
and RapdiWave ALWAYS came out on top.

I saw outages from comcast about twice a week and RapidWave none.

I also play FPS games(latest COD6) and always have excellent ping times.

I am only a few miles from the tower which probably helps, but so far it has
served me very well.

I do no know how to get to the module stats though.

-Rob