ISP Recommendations - Digis?

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Fri Feb 5 23:27:41 MST 2010

On Fri, February 5, 2010 23:04, Richard Esplin wrote:
> Scott and I discussed this on the list last weekend:
>
> http://plug.org/pipermail/plug/2010-January/035515.html
>
> I just forwarded to the list the rest of that conversation, which I
> accidentally took off-list.
>
> The summary is that I like Digis.
>
> Ping results:
> --- plug.org ping statistics ---
> 22 packets transmitted, 22 received, 0% packet loss, time 21035ms
> rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 36.258/41.664/88.091/10.509 ms
>
> --- omniture.com ping statistics ---
> 17 packets transmitted, 17 received, 0% packet loss, time 16024ms
> rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 31.722/42.442/88.271/14.144 ms

Thanks Richard. I fail for not reading the PLUG list more closely. Your input
is very valuable. I read the Digis AUP and didn't spot any call-out of what
kind of usage is considered acceptable. I may have missed something. They only
mention "excessive consumption" determined by whatever fancies them at the
moment as a reason to: "without limitation, restrict your access to Digis’
network, increase the fees associated with your Service, including upgrading
you to a higher class of Service, or immediately suspend or terminate your
Service."

-Ryan