dropping wireless link

D p-collector at gmx.com
Thu Feb 4 21:31:28 MST 2010

This one is driving me up the wall. Any help is welcome.

When I boot into Gentoo and run the init scripts or run the net-setup
command I get connected to my AP no sweat. But the link only lasts
between 15 seconds and an hour before all of a sudden iwconfig reports
that I'm not assocf

Anyone know why this is and how to fix it? It's not a distance issue as
I tested it sitting TWO FEET from the AP and had the same result. If I
reboot then again I get a working link for 15 seconds to 1 hour. I'm on
my Acer Aspire one with an internal Atheros chip (AR5B93 according to
the the Windows driver), used with the  default Kernel driver for such a
chip (ath5xxx).

Thanks in advance