Heterogeneous File Sharing Recommendations?

James Lance james at thelances.net
Wed Feb 3 14:11:32 MST 2010

So my solution to this is setup multiple clients.

I have the base share setup in Samba, Netatalk and NFS.  It is a little more work, but each flavor offers great flexibility.  Getting to a netatalk share with a mac is a breeze, same with samba for windows.  I've had enough trouble in the past with samba shares suddenly not working for my Mac clients that it was worth offering netatalk.

-James