Heterogeneous File Sharing Recommendations?

Jason Hall jayce at lug-nut.com
Tue Feb 2 20:16:53 MST 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 6:28 PM, Kimball Larsen
<kimball at kimballlarsen.com> wrote:
> At work we have several linux servers, a few (1 or 2 kicking around) windows boxen, and a bunch of macs.  For our file sharing needs on the lan I've historically just set up a samba share or 2 on one of my linux servers and things have just worked.
>
> Today they stopped just working.
>
> I would bore you with the nitty-gritty details of OS X's new hatred towards the particular samba config I'm using, but I think that is ancillary to the question I really want to ask:

Not sure which config settings you're having problems with.  Usually
it's just been an issue with encrypted passwords when dealing with
accounts between all the differing systems.  But I regularly use smb
between the different os's,  and it works just right.

afp/netatalk setups are actually a pain at times when going between
all the systems, and I usually just go smb just fine.
--
Jayce^

The Cloud is my Platform
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ