Fwd: Re: [sllug-members]: cannot mount file system?

D p-collector at gmx.com
Mon Feb 1 09:56:38 MST 2010

Ok - I found out why it won't mount, but that leaves me with another
question. According to Windows, Grub, the Bios, etc... my hard disk is
the primary master/HDA/SDA/HD0 whatever. But According to the KERNEL,
it's sd_B_. Linux is seeing some kind of ghost 8MB drive as sda. Don't
ask me where it's coming from, because I have no idea. All I know is
that if I increase the letter of each drive (sda->sdb, sbd->sdc, etc...)
then all of a sudden everything is found and mounted properly.

I'm at a loss to figure out where this 8MB sda is comming from but in
the mean time I'll live.

--- Dan