Gitting Backwards

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Mon Dec 20 12:54:09 MST 2010

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 10:59:41 -0700
Von Fugal <von at fugal.net> wrote:

> Well, technically (as per the instruction in the thread) you're not
> creating a branch, though you could do that. What you end up with when
> checking out by a hash code is going "headless", though sometimes, yes
> it is called a headless branch.

<rant>This is one reason I have come to hate git. If the user isn't
creating a branch, then don't use the branch creation syntax to do it.
Use the branch creation syntax, and people who aren't git gurus (most
of the world) will make the forgivable mistake of thinking they've
created a branch. git has become the Kabbalah of CVSs.</rant>