dropbox-like file drop app on web server?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 09:43:55 MST 2010

On 12/20/2010 08:21 AM, Jake Pollmann wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 4:53 AM, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone know of any good dropbox-like app I can run locally on my
> <SNIP>
>
> Have you considered iFolder [ http://www.ifolder.com/ifolder ] ?  It
> doesn't sound like a perfect match, but there is a very big overlap in
> the features of Dropbox and iFolder.

I am looking into it now.  Thank you for the link.

It occurs to me that most people use dropbox for backup, but I'm looking
more at a collaboration solution but with the simplicity of anonymous
write-only uploads (yeah there will be spam), expiring urls, etc.  Maybe
I'll roll my own as was suggested in one post.