Streamlining RSS subscriptions and previews for Google Reader

Scott Edwards supadupa at
Mon Dec 13 12:28:33 MST 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Von Fugal <von at> wrote:
> <quote name="Scott Edwards" date="Sun, 12 Dec 2010 at 15:00 -0600">
>> There is one niche I'd like to optimize, the subscription process.
>> I'd like to preview the feed in Google Reader, right into:

> Hmm, I was thinking maybe a bookmarklet you could activate from the page
> itself, which would simply pull the alt ref out of the DOM, but that
> doesn't help you much with multiple feeds on a page...
> --
> Von Fugal

I found something pretty close.

I can probably manage with this.  With some time, I can slice out the
feed url, and ask google reader to view it instead of subscribe to it.
 For rss feeds visible in the address bar (say a list), it might be
nice to push the page content down, and insert links to google reader