Job - Identity Management Architect

Matt Bowler matt at
Mon Dec 6 22:21:01 MST 2010

Minor detail: I believe the position will actually be "IDM Consultant"
rather than my title which I put in the subject; "IDM Architect".

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces at [mailto:plug-bounces at] On Behalf Of Matt
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 10:10 PM
To: plug at
Subject: Job - Identity Management Architect

Hello again Plug.

The company I've been working for the past five years is hiring.  If you are
interested send me a resume in any reasonable format.

Quest Software, is hiring an Identity Management Consultant.

This job involves helping travelling to customer sites (or sometimes working
remotely via web) and helping them to plan and deploy one or more of about a
dozen IDM products that Quest sells.
The projects typically touch Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, and Windows with
Active Directory being the hub, mostly.  You will be working with mostly
large environments--1000s of users and computers.  Customer base is mostly
commercial with some occasionally public sector work.  Active clearances are
a plus, but not mandatory.  The typical job profile is you'll fly into a
site, teach a customer how to use our tools for a week at a time.  Projects
last from 1 week to 1 year off and on.

I'm looking for an experienced cross-platform admin who is not afraid to
troubleshoot, learn new technologies, and stay on the cutting edge.

The position requires about 50-75% travel M-F, but you'll be home every
weekend.  There is a chance of international travel.

This is a permanent, full-time, salaried employee position with insurance
benefits, paid vacation, and 401(k).  Salary DOE - good for Utah County but
you may live anywhere in the US which makes it easy for people considering
relocation anyway.  We have an office in Lindon but you'd be free to work
from home when you are in town.

Candidates should have experience with:

Unix and Windows - Admin
Admin experience with one or more - Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, MAC Active
Directory - Group Policy SSH, PAM, LDAP, SuDo, TCP/IP, DNS, NSS, SSH, Samba
Security - Kerberos Database familiarity - Oracle, DB2, MySQL, SAP (don't
let this one hold you
Exchange Familiarity (nice to have)
Consulting, Training, and Presentation skills Basic shell/powershell
scripting Sun/Novell/Oracle IDM experience a plus.

I have been doing this job for the past five years and it has been a great
experience.  I get to work with very talented people.  My travels have taken
me to Australia and Europe a few times.  You can run linux on your
workstation.  Laptop, mobile, etc, paid for.

Contact me directly for details or if you want to ask me any questions about
the job.

Matthew Bowler
Quest Software IDM Architect

PLUG:, #utah on