Taking the cakephp

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Wed Dec 1 21:54:21 MST 2010

On 01 Dec 2010, at 18:51, Charles Curley wrote:

> Anyone here use cakephp? A few questions:
>
> * If you install it by deb package, how do you initialize a project?

I am not sure what you mean by initialize.  It is just a framework.  The libraries are in the "cake" folder.  Project files (MVC structure) and configuration files all go under "app".  Look in ~/app/config/ for settings.  You should be able to just drop the whole structure in the web root and open your browser.  Make sure that the 3 .htaccess files exist (~/.htaccess, ~/app/.htaccess, ~/app/webroot/.htaccess) and that your webserver allows rewriting and overriding.

> * Where does it keep its logs?

Daniel was correct.  ~/app/tmp/

> * I seem to be unable to connect to the MySQL database from cakephp. I
>  can connect from other programs, including a short php script.

See the database.php file in ~/app/config/