Taking the cakephp

Matthew Walker mwalker at kydance.net
Wed Dec 1 21:47:50 MST 2010

On Wed, December 1, 2010 9:31 pm, Charles Curley wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 06:54:33 +0300
> "Daniel C." <dcrookston at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 6:13 AM, Charles Curley
>> <charlescurley at charlescurley.com> wrote:
>> > Thanks. The logs seem to be set by a configuration variable
>> > somewhere in cakephp, so I need to find that.
>>
>> Default location for the logs is app/tmp -
>> http://book.cakephp.org/view/899/CakePHP-Folder-Structure
>
> Thanks. On further inspection, the app/tmp tree should be owned such
> that www-data can write to it. I fixed that.
>
> But if it's logging, it isn't logging to there. I just forced an error
> (attempted to get a non-existent database entry), and see nothing there.

As I said in my email directly to you, the regular apache and php error logs still
apply. General PHP errors will still go there, and Cake won't log just anything to those
files. I forget what it sends to the error log by default. Mostly I just use it's
logging methods to write stuff to custom logs for tracing things.

Read this section of the book:

http://book.cakephp.org/view/1194/Logging

--
Matthew Walker                          HAM Call Sign: N7TOX