job of assistant to IT manager

Merrill Oveson moveson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 09:29:09 MDT 2010

Pluggers:

Looking for someone to fulfill the position of assistant to IT manager.

Company: Aquaveo

Schedule: Part time from 8 AM to 5 PM
   # of Hours:  anywhere from 5 to 20 hours per week.
   (If you're a student and need to attend school, take a test, etc,
no problem.)

Work will include:

     PC support (hardware - building computers from scratch,
installing new graphics cards,  replacing hard disks, installing
drivers, troubleshooting)
     PC support (software - XP, Vista, Windows 7 - administration,
helping users resolve issues such as printing, email, etc)
     Server support (Windows 2003,  2008, Linux - (Gentoo, CentOS)
     Networking (firewalls, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, wiring, switches, etc)
     Programming (PHP, CSS, MySQL, Ajax, Javascript, BASH, etc)
     General IT Admin (SVN, Samba, Apache, Sendmail, Postfix, etc)
     Organizing (keeping track of IT purchases, track of software, budgets, etc)

I don't expect this person to be an expert in anything above, just to
have had some good exposure to many items and be willing to learn.

In short, I need help.  This person will be asked to do everything
that I don't have time to do or that I don't have the time to figure
out.

Here's the chance for a someone (probably most likely a student) to
experience what it's really like to do IS/IT first hand.

Contact me off the list at moveson at aquaveo.com

Pay: DOE

Merrill Oveson