How does your company deal with malware?

Lonnie Olson lists at
Thu Aug 26 10:00:52 MDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 7:38 AM, Dave Smith <dave at> wrote:
> My company is proposing installing an NTLM-based filtering proxy and shutting down all other internet access. This of course is not too friendly to Linux users. What does your company do to deal with malware?

Instead of using a hostile proxy to filter internet content, install a
security gateway.
Somthing like:
* Sonicwall
* Fortinet
* Astaro
* Linux w/ squid (transparent), clamav, etc.

Proxies are really annoying to everyone.  Transparent proxies, inline
filtering, etc are much better.