Certification

Kenneth Burgener kenneth at mail1.ttak.org
Wed Aug 25 14:55:02 MDT 2010

  Von Fugal wrote:
> There was a thread a while back that talked about certifications. I
> gather LPI is not a good one? RHC[TE] are good.

Why are vendor neutral certifications such as LPI and Security+
considered "no good"?  The vendor specific certifications (e.g. RHCT,
Cisco, MCSE) may fetch a higher price, but I would think also having the
vendor neutral certifications help broaden your opportunities.  Why lock
your self into only one vendor?  I would also think that having these
less costly certs is also good certification preparation for some of the
ridiculously expensive certs.