pros/cons of xml database

Spencer Gibb spudgibb at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 08:46:53 MDT 2010

The LDS Church uses Marklogic (http://www.marklogic.com - xml
database) for content applications (Momon.org, beta.lds.org).  It is
commercial.  If you are working with hierarchical data or xml (or some
subset such as xhtml) is can make sense.  It scales well and allows
manipulation of the xml without bringing it into memory.  I don't know
much about open source xml db's. (In fact, I don't know much about
marklogic).
--
Spencer Gibb