Linux Process Sampling

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Mon Aug 23 13:56:55 MDT 2010

I'm just saying...

On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 13:19 -0600, Dave Smith wrote:
> I couldn't find a way to get gstack on Ubuntu 10.04. It's not part of
> Ubuntu's gdb package apparently. Sounds promising, though. Any idea
> where I can get it?

$ yum whatprovides '*/gstack'
Loaded plugins: presto, refresh-packagekit
gdb-7.1-18.fc13.x86_64 : A GNU source-level debugger for C, C++,
                       : Java and other languages
Repo        : fedora
Matched from:
Filename    : /usr/bin/gstack

> > Then, there's "fstack", which is a part of frysk.
> >

> I'll have to look into this one as well, though it does not appear to be
> packaged in Ubuntu at the moment. I'll see if I can get source and
> install manually.

$ yum list frysk
Loaded plugins: presto, refresh-packagekit
Available Packages
frysk.x86_64                         0.4-26.fc13
fedora