I need help!

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Tue Aug 17 16:59:19 MDT 2010

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010, Ryan Simpkins wrote:

> I have had access to VMs at both slicehost and linode. Between the two
> slicehost out-performs linode in terms of disk IO throughput and network
> performance. Linode has more management and automation features.
> Slicehost tends to be more expensive. Both organizations offer good
> support from my perspective. I think both are good solutions.

This comparison shows Linode to give more consistent performance, while
Slicehost varies more, presumably depending on what other VMs are doing on
the same host:

http://journal.uggedal.com/vps-performance-comparison

And here's a higher-level comparison between the two:

http://dodgydev.net/post/85536330/vps-showdown

Jon

--
Jon Jensen